Montgomery Township School District
Computer Facilities, Software and Internet Use School
I. Computing Facilities
As a user of the computing facilities at
, I have read the following rules. My signature below indicates that I agree to abide by them and understand consequences if I do not. Montgomery Township School District
- I understand that the computers and software are owned by the
. I do not have the right to copy or distribute this software. Montgomery Township School District
- I will not add personal software or download software from the internet to any school computer.
- I will take responsibility for any computer account that is given to me. I will not give my password to anyone nor will I bypass the security systems that may be in place.
- I will not attempt to change the configuration of any computer or software, or change/alter another student’s work or disks.
- I will not copy unauthorized software.
- I will abide by all patent, copyright or license restrictions that relate to any computing facilities products, programs, or documentation.
- I will treat the facilities with respect and will not intentionally damage them.
- I will not have food or drink near the computers.
- I will only use a computer when a staff member is present.
The internet is an exciting tool that allows us to communicate with people all over the world. It is important that we use it properly so that we don’t break laws, offend others, or violate school rules.
- I will only use the Internet for wholesome purposes. I will not send, receive, or access information or graphics that contain pornography or racist/sexist/discriminatory material.
- I will not use copyrighted materials from the Internet without permission.
- I will not knowingly place a virus on any computer or on the Internet.
- I will not give the names, phone numbers, addresses or any other personal information I gain on the Internet to anyone. I understand that it is acceptable to share Internet addresses
- I will not participate in News Groups Chat Rooms or other forums on the Internet whose content is not acceptable in school.
I understand that failure to comply with these regulations will result in disciplinary action taken by the school administration as follows:
a. The first offense will result in my being prohibited from the computer facilities and Internet access for period of 20 school days and appropriate disciplinary action.
b. A second offense will result in my being prohibited from computer facilities and Internet access for 40 school days and appropriate disciplinary action.
c. A third offense will result in revocation of my access to the computer facilities and the Internet for the balance of the school year and other disciplinary action.
d. If the offense occurs during the second semester, the prohibition will continue in the following school year, but not to exceed 90 school days.
THE PARENT/GUARDIAN AND STUDENT MUST SIGN THE AGREEMENT TO
COMPUTER FACILITIES, SOFTWARE AND INTERNET FROM GIVEN TO STUDENTS WITH THIS AGENDA/PLANNER AND RETURN THE SIGNED FORM TO THE HOMEBASE TEACHER. SIGNED AGREEMENT FORMS ARE KEPT ON FILE IN THE MAIN OFFICE FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR. USE SCHOOL