Degrees and Certifications:
- A child’s social and emotional growth are just as important as their academic growth
- Best learning takes place when children live in a school environment that is kind, safe, respectful and predictable
- Main Components of Responsive Classroom: Morning Meeting, rule creation, positive teacher language, logical consequences, academic choice, organized classroom
- Consequences: removing themselves from the teaching area, come back when they are ready to be respectful listeners, miss 5 minutes of recess. After two incidents within the same school day, letter home to parent, possibly to be followed by an in school meeeting.
- For more information :
- Responsive Classroom Parent Page
- RC youtube
Children learn how to take turns, share ideas, disgree respecfully, and create a caring community of learners! Responsive Classroom is embedded throughout the curriculm.